Government Plan Efficiencies Review Panel
Government Plan: assessments of planned efficiency savings (P.88/2019), as amended, was passed by the Assembly on 22nd October 2019.
Part (a) of the proposition required Scrutiny to undertake detailed 6-monthly assessments of the planned efficiency savings lodged with the Government Plan, specifying the expected impact on the ongoing delivery of public services, by Minister, Department and Common Strategic Policy priority, accompanied by a comparable comprehensive review of the real impact of the previous 6 months' efficiencies.
The Panelhave reviewed the Efficiencies Programme, the first version of which is contained within the Efficiencies Plan 2020-23 (R.130/2019), through interaction with Ministers and Departments, and reviewed the relevant statements required through the Public Finances (Jersey) Law 2019 (such as 6-monthly statements required under Part 23).
- Are efficiency savings on track?
- What additional savings have been identified?
- Where a saving target not be met, what alternative saving was implemented?
- How have impacts been identified and measured?
- Have there been any unintended consequences because of efficiency savings?
- What efficiency savings are being scrutinised by other Scrutiny Panels?
The Government Plan Efficiencies Review Panel is not currently scheduled to meet.