States Greffe Business Plan 2022
The States of Jersey Greffe has published its annual business plan. Read the plan and how it affects members of the Public, States Members and States of Jersey staff here.
The States Greffe has published its annual business plan. The 2022 plan is intended to provide greater clarity for the public, States Members and States of Jersey staff about the role of the Greffe and its objectives in supporting Jersey’s democracy.
Read the business plan here
What is the Greffe?
The Greffe supports the work of Jersey’s parliament – the States Assembly – including its States Members, scrutiny panels and committees. This involves providing advice and support to States Members and the Bailiff relating to the business and procedures of the States Assembly, as well as preparing and publishing documents for meetings of States Members in the States Chamber and keeping records of all the decisions made. Importantly, it also informs and educates the public about elections.
The States Greffe is led by the Greffier of the States, Lisa Hart, who acts as clerk to the States Assembly and is appointed by the Bailiff with the agreement of the States Assembly. The Greffier has a legal responsibility to act as keeper of the official records of the States Assembly and publisher of official publications.
Top five highlights from the business plan
The States Greffe will:
- Establish the Jersey Electoral Authority (a new body, set up under the Elections (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Jersey) Law 2021) and support the Authority in discharging its statutory functions
- Develop and implement a comprehensive post-election induction programme for new Members, co-ordinated with government and the induction programme for new ministers
- Develop a new States Assembly website
- Further develop the scrutiny communications strategy, to ensure that the scrutiny system is better understood by the media and the public
- Create, launch and continue to develop new education initiatives about politics in Jersey, including resources and support packages for schools
Download the business plan here: States Greffe Business Plan 2022
Find out more about the Greffe and the States Assembly here: About the States Greffe