1. To consider the entries in the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) for the relevant Departments, with particular regard to the following:
a) Indicative overall cash limits and other commitments included in the 2012 Annual Business Plan for 2013 and 2014, and how they compare with those proposed for 2013, 2014 and 2015 in the MTFP (the comparison to include consideration of previously agreed growth allocations, changes in staffing levels and savings requirements);
b) Individual budget areas, any proposed changes and the use of carry forwards;
c) Spending pressures and resultant growth bids and whether they have been provided for or refused;
d) Whether proposals contained in the Long Term Capital Plan meet the Departments’ requirements;
e) The appropriateness of savings to be delivered by the Departments during the period 2013-2015 and any material risks to service delivery;
f) Policy changes or other proposals that might impact on other Departments or the public; and
g) Additional Funding and other resources necessary to deliver actions identified in the Strategic Plan.
2. To report to the Corporate Services (MTFP) Sub-Panel on the work undertaken including any other matters of significance identified during the review.
1. To receive reports from the five Scrutiny Panels on entries in the MTFP for each Department.
2. To consider matters of overall process in the development and production of the MTFP, such matters to include:
a) Policy applying to the management and use of central contingency funds;
b) Policy applying to growth expenditure;
c) Proposals to achieve a balanced budget and the likely impact on overall States expenditure limits;
d) The effectiveness of the previous three-part plan of the Council of Ministers in delivering a balanced budget and the current fiscal position against forecast;
e) The Long Term Capital Plan;
f) Matters that cut across individual Departments; and
3. To consider how the long term tax policy and new fiscal strategy influence the MTFP.
4. To consider plans for monitoring and reporting upon the implementation of the MTFP.
5. To report to the States Assembly on the work undertaken.