Zero Hour Contracts
Launch date: 06/07/2015
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
Terms of reference
- To question the Minister for Social Security publicly on the Department’s response to P.100/2013 amd.
- To examine the circumstances in which zero-hour contracts are being used in the public and private sectors.
- To determine whether any misuse of zero-hour contracts has taken place in Jersey and, if so, the extent of the misuse.
- To determine whether there is a disparity between UK statistics and Jersey statistics regarding the use of zero-hour contracts and the reasons why this might be so.
- To fully consult with stakeholders, particularly employers and employees and their representative bodies, over the benefits and disadvantages of zero-hour contracts.
- To examine how the use of zero-hour contracts interact with the income support system and sickness benefit thresholds.
- To consider whether the current practice of using zero-hour contracts could be improved.