Transfer of Functions
Launch date: 09/11/2015
Review status: Comments published
What is the review about?
P.46/2015: Draft States of Jersey (Transfer of Functions No.8) (Miscellaneous Transfers) (Jersey) Regulations 201-, lodged au Greffe on 6th May 2015 set out the Chief Minister's proposals for the transfer of various functions between different Ministers and their departments.
Initially the Corporate Services Scrutiny Panel intended to review all of these proposals. However, due to other work commitments this was not possible. On 20th October 2015 the Proposition was referred back to the Economic Affairs Panel, which agreed to review the transfers of Sport and Culture from the Minister for Education to the Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture; and Digital, Competition and Innovation from the Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture to the Chief Minister. (Other aspects remained with the Corporate Services Panel.)
Terms of reference
The Economic Affairs Scrutiny Panel will review P.46/2015: Draft States of Jersey Transfer of Functions No.8 Miscellaneous Transfers (Jersey) Regulations 201-, in order to:
- establish the rationale behind the Chief Minister's proposed portfolio changes
- confirm the extent and effectiveness of any work carried out to prepare for the proposed changes, with particular regard to potential operational impacts on services currently provided, and implications for staff
- consider any claimed benefits of the proposed changes, as well as any potential for negative consequences
- provide comments on the Panel's findings and recommendations to the States in time to inform the debate
- highlight any areas that might benefit from further review or preparatory work before transfers are formally enacted