Travel and Accommodation Expenses
Launch date: 28/03/2016
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
It has come to the notice of the Committee that there is an element of public concern in Jersey as to the procurement process for travel, accommodation and expenses costs by officers, and whether they constitute value for money.
Terms of reference
1. Whether the travel and accommodation policy (Financial Direction 5.7)had been adhered to in terms of the process being followed when signed off by the relevant Accounting Officer
2. How value for money had been established before embarking on the trip and/or expenses of over £500 had been incurred.
3. How waste and extravagance were avoided and prudence was imposed, when spending relatively large sums of public money.
4. Whether the monies spent were considered to be justified in the spirit of the guidelines and code of practice/conduct when spent.
5. How follow-up value-for-money/cost-benefit analyses are undertaken to ensure stringent probative processes are carried out before committing to further expenditure.