1. To assess the reliability of the level of identified expenditure on the future hospital capital project (£466million) and the Minister's contingency plans should expenditure exceed the current estimate
2. To examine the rationale to fund the project through a Public Rated Sterling Bond (up to £400million), supplemented by existing reserves level of borrowing
3. To examine the reliability of associated financial forecasts
4. To establish what other options have been considered and discounted by the Minister, and why
5. To identify any appropriate alternative funding options (i.e. not examined by the Minister) that merit further consideration
6. To assess the proposed use of the Strategic Reserve Fund as part of a "blended" funding strategy
7. To examine the purpose, terms of reference and operation of the 'Hospital Construction Fund'