Launch date: 11/01/2017
Review status: Discontinued
What is the review about?
A review of the draft Liquor Licensing (Jersey) Law 201- to be lodged by the Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture
Terms of reference
To review the draft Liquor Licensing (Jersey) Law 201-, to be lodged by the Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture, together with evidence taken into account by the department in developing a revised policy for alcohol licensing. The Panel will consider the following aspects:
- The proposed mechanism and operation of the new Licensing Authority, including the shift from judicial control to political control of licensing arrangements
- The application process and criteria, to include the role of the parishes and other relevant authorities
- The role of the Alcohol Licensing and Policy Group
- The draft licensing objectives, and whether these provide an appropriate framework for a new licensing policy for the Island
- Economic and social implications of the proposals
Additional matters for consideration may arise from the Panel's study of the proposals and supporting evidence. The Panel will report its findings to the States.
N.B. It is anticipated that some specific matters of detail not included in the draft Law will be the subject of subsequent Regulations; the Panel would expect to review these separately in due course.