A review of the proposals to introduce solid and liquid waste charges for non-householders
The Panel has now published its report.
1. To consider the rationale behind the introduction of user pays charges for non-household waste.
2. To assess the charging mechanisms and determine how they will be applied.
3. To determine whether the proposed charges are reasonable and fair.
4. To consider the potential impact of the proposed charges, alongside the current charges, on non- householders.
5. To determine what impact the proposed charges will have on environmental behaviours.
6. To assess the adequacy of the present facilities in regards to waste management and recycling.
7. To assess how the issue of fly-tipping will be addressed in respect of the proposed solid waste charges.