Comprehensive Spending Review
Launch date: 25/05/2010
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The Comprehensive Spending Review, which aims to cut States spending by £65 million by 2013.
Terms of reference
- To examine the CSR policy of the Treasury and Resources Minister requiring 10% savings across the board, staggered over three years;
- To determine the nature and sustainability of the 2% savings identified by each department to be delivered in 2011;
- Establish the structural continuity between 2% savings this year and final 10% saving after three years;
- To consider the social impact of proposed cuts;
- To examine any further issues relating to the topic that may arise in the course of the Scrutiny review that the Panel considers relevant.