Energy Efficiency in States Buildings
Launch date: 15/06/2009
Review status: Discontinued
What is the review about?
Energy efficiency in States buildings. The Panel's review was discontinued when it discovered that the Chief Minister's Department proposed to engage an external consultant to carry out work in this area.
Terms of reference
- To review current and developing energy efficiency policies and guidelines in States Departments.
- To assess the scope for reducing energy usage, and thereby carbon consumption in all States activities.
- The purpose of this review is to investigate:
- initiatives being planned and undertaken by the Planning and Environment and Treasury and Resources departments in connexion with Priority Three in the new draft States Strategic Plan which indicates that the States will ‘give a lead by reducing energy usage, and thereby carbon consumption, in all States activities’.
- the environmental action plan for the States of Jersey being developed in accordance with Policy Proposal 10 of the draft Energy Policy which includes the realisation of efficiency savings by the wiser use of resources and support for the objectives of the ECO-ACTIVE BUSINESS accreditation scheme.