Government Plan Review Panel
The Government Plan is set to replace the previous Medium Term Financial Plan, which details income and expenditure forecasts for the subsequent four financial years following Assembly approval.
The Government Plan will include a definitive plan for the first succeeding financial year, and similar projections for the following three financial years. A new Government Plan will be devised and approved by the Assembly annually and will see a 12 week lodging period. Details of the plan will include:
- Estimated income and expenditure of the Consolidated Fund
- Amounts to be internally transferred between States funds
- Any other proposed financing
- Major projects and their proposed costs
- Estimated income and expenditure from States trading operations to be paid into the States trading operations Fund
- Amounts to be appropriated from the Consolidated and States trading operations funds for the next financial year
- Estimated amounts in States funds at the start and finish of each financial year
The Government Plan aims to shift the general focus from income and expenditure to the underlying projects and strategic priorities being funded.
- Will the Government Plan meet the requirements of the Public Finances (Jersey) Law 201-?
- Will the Government Plan meet the Common Strategic Priorities?
- Is expenditure appropriately apportioned to projects and departments?
- Does income balance with expenditure?
The next meeting of the Government Plan Review Panel isTuesday 27th August 2019