Launch date: 22/08/2006
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
A review of the decision to relocate people receiving respite and nursing care from Overdale Hospital to private sector care homes.
Terms of reference
To examine and report upon:
- Plans for the future of Respite and Residential/Nursing Care for the Elderly, currently provided at Overdale, and to assess how those plans fit within overall policy.
- The staffing, physical location and psychological issues that arise from any relocation and/or revamping of these services.
- Whether those residents currently with Health and Social Services will retain the current standards of medical and nursing support.
- The financial implications, for the States, Health and Social Services and families, of transferring elderly residents, currently at Overdale, to the private sector.
- The implications of possible discounted rates for Health and Social Services residents upon other residents and upon the economics of operating private care facilities.
- The future impact on the Overdale site of the changes proposed by Health and Social Services.