Tourism Shadow Board
Launch date: 05/11/2012
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The Panel is examining the significant proposals of the Minister for Economic Development to re-structure the way that the island’s tourism industry is overseen and developed, with plans to rebrand Jersey Tourism as ‘Visit Jersey’ and to establish a Tourism Shadow Board.
The Panel would be pleased to receive written submissions from industry stakeholders or interested members of the public by Friday 16th November 2012. These can be sent to the Scrutiny Office by email (email@example.com
) or post.
Terms of reference
- To undertake an examination of the constitution, purpose and aims of the proposed Tourism Shadow Board
- To examine the required Memorandum of Understanding and the envisaged roles and responsibilities of the Tourism Shadow Board and the Minister for Economic Development.
- To examine the rationale behind the rebranding of Jersey Tourism as ‘Visit Jersey’.
- To establish the implications of all the associated proposals for existing Jersey Tourism staff.
- To establish views held within the tourism industry regarding the proposals to establish a Tourism Shadow Board and rebrand Jersey Tourism as ‘Visit Jersey’.