Hospital Outpatients: Re-introduction of prescription charges
Launch date: 10/06/2013
Review status: Discontinued
What is the review about?
The Health Minister has recently lodged a proposition to re-introduce prescription charges for hospital outpatients. The Panel will review the proposals and report back to the States Assembly.
Terms of reference
- To examine the proposals contained in the proposition (P.72/2013) “Hospital
Outpatients: Re-introduction of Prescription Charges” to include:
- The rationale behind the decision;
- Whether the proposals are affordable for consumers;
- The benefits of reintroducing the charge;
- Clarification on exclusions from the prescription charges;
- How the proposed system differs from the previous prescription fees