Launch date: 01/11/2013
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The Review will be examining whether the respective strategies of Digital Jersey and Education Sport and Culture dovetail appropriately to help deliver the skills development identified to establish a sustainable digital sector in Jersey, and improve digital skills across the wider community.
Terms of reference
- To examine whether the approach to improving digital skills in the Island contained within the Digital Jersey Strategy and Business Plan, to enable delivery of its key objectives and related targets, is supported by stakeholders
- To examine whether the approach to improving digital skills in schools contained within the Vision for IT in Education, is supported by stakeholders
- To examine whether the Vision for IT in Education and the Digital Jersey Strategy and Business Plan are complementary
- To compare the Vision for IT in Education to related strategies developed in other relevant jurisdictions
- To identify the framework for the implementation of the Vision for IT in Education in schools, with particular attention on the process and criteria for the development of individual school strategies
- With particular regard to Digital Jersey’s e-government objectives and targets, to examine the existing and proposed provision for adult training and education to improve digital skills in Jersey