Issues surrounding the Review of Financial Management of Operation Rectangle
Launch date: 23/06/2011
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
An investigation into the review of how money was spent during the Historic Child Abuse Enquiry
Terms of reference
- To examine the instructions under which BDO Alto was engaged to review the financial management of Operation Rectangle and their methods for gathering evidence for this review.
- To clarify the connection between the BDO Alto review and the review on the same matter separately commissioned by the Acting Chief Officer of Police.
- To identify the reasons why the Senior Investigating Officer for Operation Rectangle was not interviewed by BDO Alto and was not given the opportunity to respond to the report’s findings.
- To clarify the liaison between BDO Alto and the Wiltshire Police, in particular the references in the BDO Alto report to the Senior Investigating Officer’s statements to Wiltshire Police.
- To investigate how details of the review into the financial management of Operation Rectangle came to be published in a national newspaper in October 2009.
- To consider the implications of the Sub-Panel’s findings.
Call for evidence