Draft Explosives (Jersey) Law 201-
Launch date: 11/03/2014
Review status: Comments published
What is the review about?
The review will examine the proposed changes in legislation to establish if the points of principle and detail within the Law meet the requirements of the Island.
Terms of reference
1. That points of principle and detail within the Draft Explosives (Jersey) Law 201- meet the requirements of the Island by:
- Comparing the draft legislation with the current legislation.
- Establishing if there are any areas that are not suitably covered by the draft law.
- That the draft law contains recognised checks, balances and safeguards.
- That engagement in public consultation has taken place, with consideration being given to integrate results into the draft law.
2. Ensure that clear and authoritative explanations of the purpose and meaning of the draft law provisions are placed on the public record. This will be achieved by balanced, informed, evidence-based challenge to any policy underpinning the draft legislation with specific scrutiny of the text itself.
3. The Panel will present its findings to the States of Jersey.