Ports of Jersey Incorporation
Launch date: 30/01/2015
Review status: Comments published
What is the review about?
The Panel will assess key aspects of proposals for the incorporation of the Ports of Jersey, including the business case, financial assumptions, draft legislation and arrangements for governance, to see whether these are robust and fit for purpose. It will also look at conditions for the transfer of staff, and the possible effects of incorporation on clubs and societies with links to the Ports of Jersey.
As the department carried out an extensive consultation exercise in the summer of 2014, the Panel will not issue a public call for evidence but will hold public hearings with selected stakeholders. Documents provided for the public consultation, together with a report on responses received are still available on the gov.je website:
Terms of reference
To review key elements of proposals for the Ports of Jersey Incorporation, including:
1. The business case and financial assumptions
2. Draft legislation
3. Property and asset transfers and protection of historic harbours
4. Arrangements for States oversight and corporate governance
5. Conditions for the transfer of staff
6. The potential impact of incorporation on clubs and societies with links to the Ports of Jersey