Living on Low Income
Launch date: 08/02/2016
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The Panel has reviewed low income in Jersey. As a result of follow up work to the Panel's review, it lodged a Propositon (P.113/2017) to reinstate the single parent component of Income Support.
Terms of reference
- To investigate the impact of the incidence in Jersey of relative low income households as referred to in the Household Income Distribution Survey report 2014/15
- To assess the evidence of relative low income in comparison with previous years
- To determine whether the incidence of relative low income in Jersey has increased and, if so, the reasons for such increase
- To assess the effectiveness of States of Jersey policy with regard to tackling relative low income
- To assess the effectiveness of methods used to monitor the implementation of policies that aim to reduce the incidence of relative low income
- To assess the delivery of support and help available to those on low income
- To determine the effects of the changes to the benefits system contained in the Medium Term Financial Plan affecting those on relative low income