Nitrate Levels in Jersey's Water
Launch date: 08/12/2016
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
A review of nitrate levels in Jersey's water
Terms of reference
1. To consider the measures that are being taken, or are proposed, by the Council of Ministers to address the issue of nitrate levels within Jersey's water supply (including boreholes and wells).
2. To assess whether the measures are achievable within the proposed timeframe and resources.
3. To determine whether the proposals are sufficient for addressing the elevated levels of nitrate found in surface waters and groundwater.
4. To assess the challenges faced by the Council of Ministers in maintaining an adequate supply of clean water with reduced concentrations of nitrate.
5. To determine what role the agricultural industry and water utilities have in helping to reduce nitrate levels in Jersey's water.