Government Plan Review: Economic and International Affairs Panel
Launch date: 23/08/2019
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The Government Plan replaces the previous Medium Term Financial Plan, which details income and expenditure forecasts for the subsequent four financial years following Assembly approval. The Government Plan includes a definitive plan for the first succeeding financial year, and similar projections for the following three financial years. A new Government Plan will be devised and approved by the Assembly annually.
A Review Panel was established to review the Plan, and co-ordinate each review undertaken by every Panel. A number of projects and capital investment projects were identified which come under the Economic and International Affairs Panel's remit for review, and on the 11th November the Panel published its final report.
The Panel published its report on 11th November 2019
Terms of reference
1. Note that sections/projects of the Government Plan will be allocated to Panels by the Government Plan Review Panel (GPRP) on a 'best fit' basis.
2. Undertake an in-depth review of the allocated sections/projects of the Government Plan 2020, considering:
- Whether funded projects meet the Ongoing Initiatives, Common Themes and, ultimately, Common Strategic Priorities?
- Ensuring that the projects and amendments to be lodged are consistent with the requirements of the Public Finances (Jersey) Law 201-
- The level of resourcing, of all forms, allocated to projects and whether this is sufficient or excessive in enabling the project to meet its stated aims.
- If project resource allocation is appropriate in relation to overall departmental budgets?
- Whether or not there are clear lines of accountability for each project?
- The ongoing sustainability of projects.
3. Provide the GPRP with a report and any amendments by the date agreed.