Government Plan - Economic and International Affairs
Launch date: 23/08/2019
Review status: Review started
What is the review about?
The Government Plan is set to replace the previous Medium Term Financial Plan, which details income and expenditure forecasts for the subsequent four financial years following Assembly approval. The Government Plan will include a definitive plan for the first succeeding financial year, and similar projections for the following three financial years. A new Government Plan will be devised and approved by the Assembly annually.
A Review Panel has been established to review the Plan, and co-ordinate each review undertaken by every Panel. A number of projects and capital investment projects have been identified which come under the Economic and International Affairs Panel's remit for review.
The Panel is currenty discussing the projects, capital investments projects and actions which fall under its remit.
Terms of reference
1. Note that sections/projects of the Government Plan will be allocated to Panels by the Government Plan Review Panel (GPRP) on a 'best fit' basis.
2. Undertake an in-depth review of the allocated sections/projects of the Government Plan 2020, considering:
- Whether funded projects meet the Ongoing Initiatives, Common Themes and, ultimately, Common Strategic Priorities?
- Ensuring that the projects and amendments to be lodged are consistent with the requirements of the Public Finances (Jersey) Law 201-
- The level of resourcing, of all forms, allocated to projects and whether this is sufficient or excessive in enabling the project to meet its stated aims.
- If project resource allocation is appropriate in relation to overall departmental budgets?
- Whether or not there are clear lines of accountability for each project?
- The ongoing sustainability of projects.
3. Provide the GPRP with a report and any amendments by the date agreed.