Government Plan Efficiencies Review
Launch date: 30/01/2020
Review status: Review started
What is the review about?
Government Plan: assessments of planned efficiency savings (P.88/2019), as amended, was passed by the Assembly on 22nd October 2019.
Part (a) of this proposition requires Scrutiny to undertake detailed 6-monthly assessments of the planned efficiency savings lodged with the Government Plan, specifying the expected impact on the ongoing delivery of public services, by Minister, Department and Common Strategic Policy priority, accompanied by a comparable comprehensive review of the real impact of the previous 6 months' efficiencies.
The Panel will review the Efficiencies Programme, the first version of which is contained within the Efficiencies Plan 2020-23 (R.130/2019), through interaction with Ministers and Departments, and review of any relevant statements required through the Public Finances (Jersey) Law 2019 (such as 6-monthly statements required under Part 23).
- Are efficiency savings on track?
- What additional savings have been identified?
- Where a saving target not be met, what alternative saving was implemented?
- How have impacts been identified and measured?
- Have there been any unintended consequences because of efficiency savings?
- What efficiency savings are being scrutinised by other Scrutiny Panels?
Terms of reference
Terms of Reference:
- Undertake, commission or oversee detailed 6-monthly assessments of the planned efficiency savings outlined by the Council of Ministers through the Government Plan process (as agreed through P.88/2019).
- Assess the expected impact on the ongoing delivery of public services, by Minister, Department and CSP priority, accompanied by a comparable comprehensive review of the real impact of the previous 6 months' efficiencies.
- Consider the financial, social and administrative implications that these efficiencies may have on islanders, especially those in receipt of public services.