Energy from Waste Plant and Ramsar: Review of Planning Process
Launch date: 27/04/2009
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The scope of the Environmental Impact Assessment for the new Energy from Waste Plant at La Collette.
Terms of reference
- To consider the scope of the Environmental Impact Assessment for the new Energy from Waste (EfW) Plant at La Collette and whether this and the related Environmental Impact Statement were appropriate and fully compliant with relevant standards.
- To establish whether there are genuine environmental concerns which still need to be addressed regarding the possible impact of the EfW Plant on the Ramsar Wetland site and adjacent land areas.
- To examine the consultation with stakeholders included in the planning process.
- To consider whether Jersey has fulfilled its international obligations under the Ramsar Convention.
- Any other pertinent matters that may arise during the course of the review.
- The Panel will report its findings and recommendations to the States.
Call for evidence