Migration and Population
Launch date: 11/03/2009
Review status: Report published
What is the review about?
The proposed population policy and migration legislation
Terms of reference
- To review the proposed policy of the Council of Ministers with regard to:
To consider the methodology used in the development of the proposed policy.
To review the proposed draft Migration legislation, with particular regard to the following matters:
- the level;
- make-up; and
- control of the Island’s population
To examine any further issues relating to the topic that may arise in the course of the Scrutiny Review and which the Panel considers relevant.
- Data protection issues surrounding the establishment of a Names and Address Register;
- The practicalities of establishing and maintaining the Register; and
- The impact on access to employment, housing and other services.
Call for evidence